Tecnoconsult has a consolidated experience relevant to sealines and structures installation design activities in very shallow, shallow, deep and ultra-deep water.
Installation design activities are carried out through an extensive evaluation of typology, size and capabilities of foreseen marine spread, expected meteo-marine conditions of the area, potential presence of geohazard or restricted areas, development plans of future and/or already installed offshore systems where the new flowlines and structures have to be integrated.
With reference to subsea field development projects, installation design capabilities include, flexible/rigid flowlines and risers, manifolds and tie-in systems, umbilicals, etc.
The following main analyses are developed by our installation engineering department:
- Layability analysis of rigid flowlines and sealines (J-lay, S-lay);
- Installability analysis of flexible flowlines, risers and umbilicals with estimation of installation loads in the various scenarios/phases, among which:
- Initiation from the FPSO;
- Pulling head over boarding and lowering to depth;
- Connecting risers/umbilicals to FPSO pull-in winch;
- Pulling-in up to the Hang-Off point connection;
- Buoyancy Section installation (if any);
- Lay away towards the subsea structures and Lay-Down of the End Connector (riser) / UTA (umbilical).
- Static and dynamic installation analysis of rigid pipelines, including:
- Start-up and laydown
- Shore pull
- Normal laying
- Contingency scenarios (dry and wet buckle)
- Above Water Tie-In analysis
- Pulling heads design (Start-up, abandonment and contingency heads)
- Lifting analysis of expansion loops, spools, jumpers, risers, supports & structures
- Transportation Analysis
- Pipe stacking
- Installation vessel mooring analysis
- Subsea structures deployment
- Wet storage study and layout
All the engineering analyses are integrated by:
- Technical Specifications
- Method statements
- Installation manuals
- Onshore yard layout optimization
- Offshore System Integration and ROV ability check study
- Documents for tender assignments.
All design activities are performed by worldwide recognized software as Offpipe, Orcaflex, Ansys, Sacs, Sap2000 and in-house developed utilities and certified software allowing the achievement of a high structured quality service.